Many students love music, and this assignment gives students the opportunity to mix music with French!
Allow students to choose the type of song they want to make, just give them some general rules.
- You must have at least 10 lines
- Each line should rhyme with at least one other line
- The song can be a maximum of 1 30 minutes in length
Sometimes, they can’t decide…
That’s alright, here’s a list of topics you can give them:
Here are some genres of music if they can’t decide:
These general writing rules need to be respected:
- Every noun needs a pronoun (le chien, not just chien)
- Verbs need to be conjugated depending on the subject (Ex: je mange, nous mangeons)
- Adjectives take the gender of the noun they are describing, so for feminine nouns, they usually have an e added (ex: un manteau bleu, une bouteille bleue, un lapin blanc, une robe blanche)
Here’s an example of a beautiful French song:
It’s called: Tous les garçons et les filles by Françoise Hardy
Follow this link:
Many students will want to make a music video, that is a wonderful idea, just keep in mind, it will take a long time (3 weeks at least).
Try it. Students will love it! Bonne chance!
Interested in a French Music Assignment to bring out the creativity in your students? Click here
How about All the Writing Modules on this site? Click here